Why blog?

03 March 2018
The decision to start a blog wasn't made lightly. I've been an avid blog reader for years. Occasionally I would think about starting a blog. Sometimes friends would ask or urge me along. But I never felt a pull to do it.

What would I write about? Who would be interested in what I had to say?




I often felt that there was nothing new to say. There were already so many people talking about the things I'm interested in and doing it well. I didn't have anything particularly novel or ground breaking to add to the conversation so why start a blog.

But then I started thinking about the things I look for and like in a blog. I love the connection with people over things that may not be of interest to the people in my day to day life. When you are neck deep in something new, a new idea, you want to talk about it all the time and I found that by reading lots of blogs on a topic I could fill that need without overtaxing the ears of those around me who were perhaps slightly less interested .

I love reading other people's stories. I like hearing other voices, a variety of different voices, on topics that I'm interested in. Even though I follow several blogs on a topic I'm still always looking for more. Everyone has their own story to tell, their own unique point of view and sometimes the point of difference to resonate in a new way about the same old thing.




And so I thought – if I'm always looking for new blogs to read then maybe other people are too. Perhaps I could provide that sense of connection to other people and also strengthen my own connection to the people 'out there'. Perhaps I could be that point of difference for someone else one day (dream big right?).  And as a minimum I thought I could keep a record of the things I'm doing. The ways I'm trying to connect more strongly to my values around food – growing it, gathering it, gathering around it and most importantly enjoying it.

So, thanks for stopping by. I do hope you stick around. Importantly, I hope you enjoy what you read and maybe even gain some inspiration and even connection from my little space on the interwebs.


I'd love to hear from you.
What do you love about reading blogs?
Is it connection, inspiration, escape or something else?
Are you most interested in growing, gathering or enjoying food?
Or all of the above?

No comments

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's so great to hear from people who stop by and to know I'm not just talking to myself!

I review all comments and will not publish spam or comments that don't add to the conversation in a constructive and respectful way.

Search This Blog

2018. Powered by Blogger.